The Ninny-less Spot

My attempt to be a tad less "ninny" and a tad more edifying ;)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Coram Deo

"facing God" or "before the face of God"

Wow... I am really falling in love with this phrase. All of us know that God is all knowing and all seeing. We realize that He knows before we do all that is going to happen (or atleast, should admit that in my presence - you open view people just keep walking)
I don't know about you but, sometimes I put this thought on the backburner. I know that God is around and knows all that is going on, but I "purposefully forget" this idea from time to time. Sometimes when I am closing myself off from community - it includes God. I think to myself, "Nope, I don't want to talk to Him right now." Isn't that silly? and petty? Moving on - I read this phrase in Mouw's Calvinism in the Las Vegas Airport. It's a wonderful read and any thinking Christian could enjoy it.

It's similar I guess to the WWJD thinking but seems more awe-inspiring. Consider that your life, that all you do, beyond your choices to your relationships, to your thoughts (2 Corin. 10:15 anyone?) are all before God.

It's been a rough season but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've begun to see again the freshness of theology. I've started to remember the first joys of it again. That excitement in the pit of my stomach when I consider how all these wonderful things fall neatly into place.

To put it most simply, I've begun to contemplate Him again. To live Coram Deo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home