The Ninny-less Spot

My attempt to be a tad less "ninny" and a tad more edifying ;)

Monday, September 11, 2006

Why I suck at Sims

Anybody out there into Sims? I like way totally am. I am hooked - I love it. It completely feeds my need to control things. Oh my goodness, I am so happy when I play Sims. Any kind of Sims, Sim City, Sim Farm - I have the complete collection. You want to know the funny part? I totally suck at it. You want to know why??? Wait for it.... because I am not God.

Valid, there are much, much lesser beings out there who can handle the Sims...I am just not one of them. But I was thinking the other day about why I totally suck at this game. It's the complexity of balance and knowing what the right decision is.... it's almost like sinking a toe into the pool of omniscience.

When I was first saved one of my favorite places to "meet God" was at the beach. I would wait till dark when people were gone - and go sit on a lifeguard tower. I would look out at the waves and be overwhelmed with humility. I was once told that we are all but a drop of water in the oceans of eternity.... wow - I still quiver at the thought.

So how are these things related? The fact I suck at Sims and the picture of sitting by the ocean? Both of these things have brought me to realize the vastness of God's Greatness - who would have thought? That answer being: God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home